In order to encourage more individuals to become actively involved with the MLT, the Board has established a number of committees that welcome the participation from anyone who would like to help us reach our goals but who doesn’t have the time to commit to the Board.
- Acquisitions Committee – identifying appropriate properties for acquisition, setting priorities , and working with land owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements.
- Stewardship Committee – maintaining our existing properties for current use as well as for the use of future generations.
- Education Committee – educating the public as to the beneficent use of our natural resources, and coordinating activities with local schools and other like-minded organizations, whether public or private.
- Finance Committee – planning for the funding of the organization’s activities, including applying for appropriate grants.
- Outreach Committee – making the case for why we exist and keeping the membership informed of what we are doing.
We would also welcome any other active participation in an area consistent with our environmental goals.