BBC/Southcoast Health Sunday Stroll, Munn Preserve

Posted March 30th, 2017 in Uncategorized by Charles Radville

Sunday April 2nd, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., get outside and take a Sunday Stroll with the Buzzards Bay Coalition and Southcoast Health on the trail at the  Mattapoisett Land Trust’s Munn Preserve in Mattapoisett. Sunday Strolls are led by a Southcoast Health medical professional and a Buzzards Bay Coalition outdoor educator. During these mid-morning walks, held one Sunday each month, you’ll get some fresh air and exercise while learning how to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle and explore the outdoors.

The Munn Preserve is at the end of Mattapoisett Neck Road before the stone gates to Antassawamock.

Video of Old Hammond Quarry

Posted March 15th, 2017 in Uncategorized by Charles Radville

Here’s a short video taken in the Quarry


Carlolyn Foley named to dean’s list

Posted February 17th, 2017 in News by Charles Radville

Mattapoisett — Virginia Tech sophomore and Mattapoisett resident Carolyn Foley was named to the dean’s list for the fall 2016 semester.

Foley is studying human nutrition, foods and exercise in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.

To qualify for the dean’s list, students must complete at least 12 credit hours graded on the A-F option and earn a 3.4 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) during the semester

Carolyn Foley was our Scholarship winner last year Sept 2015-January 2016


2nd annual Map-A-Palooza for kids

Posted February 16th, 2017 in Uncategorized by Charles Radville

MLT, the Mattapoisett Historical Society and Mattapoisett Recreation have put together a great activity for kids durMHS MLT MattRec MapEvent Flier 2017 2nd annual Map A Palooza for kidsing February vacation! The second annual Map-A-Palooza!

Hammond Quarry Walk Postponed to Saturday December 31st, 1:00 p.m.

Posted December 29th, 2016 in Uncategorized by Charles Radville

Join the Mattapoisett Land Trust (MLT) for our second walk to the former granite quarry that was an important part of the Town’s history and early industry. Owned primarily by the Hammond family, the quarry operated from the early 1700’s until the early 1900’s and produced pink granite for which Mattapoisett was well known in early times. The quarry site includes one remaining granite outcrop and two abandoned pits: the larger and dry East Pit and the smaller West Pit that holds water. In addition there are large amounts of worked granite rubble as well as some abandoned quarry equipment in and around the pits.

MLT is working with the Buzzards Bay Coalition, Mattapoisett Historical Society and other organizations to preserve 53 acres surrounding the quarry site. Come join us and see this special place! The walk will depart across the road from 7 and 9 Mattapoisett Neck Road, just south of Route 6. Please park on the west side of Mattapoisett Neck Road. The trail is gentle but wear sturdy shoes and dress for the weather.

For more information, please email us at